Author Topic: Introduction Thread.  (Read 6648 times)

Gigo

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
    • My BandCamp
Re: Introduction Thread.
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
Hello,

I'm Gigo, 21, french, student. I'm a neophyte composing chiptune in my free time with Milkytracker, sometimes Schism Tracker.
I hear all kind of music, from classical to electro. I have played Drum/Percussion since 2001 and officially Keybord since 2005.

You can hear my work at my SoundCloud page or my BandCamp page. I know it is far from perfect, but I'm learning and I think I made progress between my first and my last song.

And please forgive my poor English.

Thanks for your attention.
Making progress at English

GameDevGoro

• That one guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »
Oh geez. Might as well try to make a footprint in this kind of world too.

*deep breath*

Hey. I'm a dude. I call myself GameDevGoro.

Aaaand. I'm everything but a musician pretty much. I'm a 2d/3d artist, a game developer/programmer and a lot more.
Music has been a hobby of mine for a shy couple of years. I'm just now getting into it a little more seriously and chiptune music is what I wanna do, or what I strive to do because I love it so much.
So far though, I've managed only to scramble together some very short scraps of "songs" and such many of which are "fakebit" since I lack the real hardware to do any authentic chiptunes. You can hear some of this on my Soundcloud page https://soundcloud.com/gamedevgoro/

It's a meager ordeal compared to some people on these boards, but I got to try or else I'll go crazy.

Laters. :)

Platonist

• ... and with a simple what-if.
    • View Profile
    • Platonist Music
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »
Heloo
I R Jonas, Also known as Platonist-san.
I maek musik in DOS, because there's nothing fun with sounding like radio.
I also plei guitar, bass guitar, keyboard/piano, percussion and stuff.
I liek the idea of this forum, so I registered. Hope you treat me well!
bai for nowzz
~ baka ~

Kubbi

• Chiptune producer, bassist and general composer
    • View Profile
    • Kubbi's bandcamp
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
Oh woa! I had no idea you're "She". That's awesome!

Anyhows, I'm Vegard (or Kubbi). I'm Norwegian and have been writing music for about 8 years and played bass for about 7. I've studied music and preformed arts at VĂ„gen VGS, Skjeberg FHS and the next 3 years I'll be a student at the University of Agder to hopefully get a bachelor in preformed arts. Anyways, that's the boring side of it. More important than all the studying; I love music!

I found 8bc about 4 years back and so begins my chiptune and electronic music adventure.

I've released 5 albums and about 50 singles under the name "Kubbi" and working on my 6th release now (which will be a chiprock EP). I'm constantly looking for new ways to approach ideas, inspiration and experiment with everything I come by to get the sound that I think can express my ideas the best way possible. Sometimes I feel like writing pointless songs for no specific reason and sometimes I feel like writing an album or suite about whatever concept or theme I'm engaged in these days.

Other than that, I keep the Kubbi project to the internet, but I hope to someday have my name mentioned in the real world as well.
What the heck is a kubbi?
http://kubbi.bandcamp.com

TDK

• FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    • View Profile
    • FLIT KILLS MOTHS
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
Hello to you all from rainy ol' UK.

I'm Mark, older than most of you, and I used to be involved with the Commodore Amiga demoscene in the late 80's early 90's with the handle TDK, and wrote a load of tunes for the likes of Anthrox and Melon Dezign. The chippies seem to become rather popular, and last year I decided to bring TDK out of retirement to work on a Chiptune album. It seems that I'll likely write a few.

The sound of the chip-scene has changed quite a bit over the years, but you can't flog a dead horse so I'm planning to carry on writing in the style I'm used to, but using a few more modern production techniques.

I'm using Cubase on PC, Melon-tracker (a rebrand of Protracker) on the Amiga, Cynthcart and Mssiah on C64, SIDStation, MIDINes and at some point a sammichsid (when I can build it) plus I Kickstarted the Retrocade Synth.

http://www.flitkillsmoths.co.uk will take you to my latest album and I'm also on Facebook as http://www.facebook.com/marktdkknight where I post tasters of what I'm up to when I have the time, balancing work with home etc.

I'm a sound designer by trade, working on Racing games for Codemasters, and am also semi-pro electric violinist,

tt4n,

Mark.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:00:01 PM by TDK »

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »
Hi there! My name is Travonté and I'm from Pennsylvania! I've been using lsdj for a little over a year now but I'm totally new to writing music in general. LSDJ is sadly my first instrument but hey,we all gotta start somewhere right? Hopefully I can get eased into this community and get cool with everyone here so I can learn and improve! Im not apart of any chip communities at all,online and off. It's a lonely hobby so it'd be nice to have people to talk to about chip stuff as well as possibly find a mentor(s) or a chip family of some kind. :D

By the way I like to go by the name: Smashboy because it's an alias influenced by smashbros. and I used it for all kinds of websites and forums on the internet since like,2006 so I stuck with it and use it for everything! 8)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:58:59 AM by Smashboy »

Boddrick

• Hats off to the badger.
    • View Profile
    • Boddrick's Tunes
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
Welcome to the crew, sir! Nice Power Quest picture there! I used to friggin' love that game. Also, Smash Bros is one of the best games ever. So you are officially cool. Welcome to the 8-bit party.

Follow my progress if you like following people's progress: https://soundcloud.com/boddrick

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 07:38:03 PM »
You guys probably get guys like me aaallll the time,but thanks! :D Can't wait to become familiar with this place!

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »

Ok, this is my first post on this project.

My name is Eugene, i live in Russia, ergo my skill of english definetly poor, sorry. I am 23 years old, work as electronical engineer, listen many many styles and genres of music, but prefer french electro or something in modernized ~80s electronic style, like Daft Punk, Justice, Bestrack, Kavinsky and other. Lain - one of my favorite musical producers, and he gives me lots of inspire, and this is the reason of my registration in this community.
I make music in Propellerhead Reason about 4 years, you can listen some of my tracks on soundcloud or youtube. Jacktrs is my main project in frenchelectro80cosmiclike style. I have not relised albums because make each new tack very very long time. Each time i try to find perfect melody and each time i am not happy for the result.

Now i hope to will be a part of this community, maybe improve my musical and language skills and find new friends. Hello to all =)

Sorry for my "perfect" english again.

Bit wish

• I had to long text here.
    • View Profile
    • Bit mafia
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »

Ok, this is my first post on this project.

My name is Eugene, i live in Russia, ergo my skill of english definetly poor, sorry. I am 23 years old, work as electronical engineer, listen many many styles and genres of music, but prefer french electro or something in modernized ~80s electronic style, like Daft Punk, Justice, Bestrack, Kavinsky and other. Lain - one of my favorite musical producers, and he gives me lots of inspire, and this is the reason of my registration in this community.
I make music in Propellerhead Reason about 4 years, you can listen some of my tracks on soundcloud or youtube. Jacktrs is my main project in frenchelectro80cosmiclike style. I have not relised albums because make each new tack very very long time. Each time i try to find perfect melody and each time i am not happy for the result.

Now i hope to will be a part of this community, maybe improve my musical and language skills and find new friends. Hello to all =)

Sorry for my "perfect" english again.

People? I remember people...

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »
People? I remember people...
Eeeehhm... Sorry? What do you mean? ???

Boddrick

• View Profile
    • Boddrick's Tunes
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
People, such a distant, hazy memory...

Hey Jacktrs, good to have you on board. What Bit Wish means is that, unfortunately, this forum is dying. Actually, it's pretty much dead  :'( It was really cool at the start, but then it got less and less active, and now, nobody comes here.

But you never know, maybe it'll have a revival of some sort!
Follow my progress if you like following people's progress: https://soundcloud.com/boddrick

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »
People, such a distant, hazy memory...

Hey Jacktrs, good to have you on board. What Bit Wish means is that, unfortunately, this forum is dying. Actually, it's pretty much dead  :'( It was really cool at the start, but then it got less and less active, and now, nobody comes here.

But you never know, maybe it'll have a revival of some sort!

Sad... I think all problems because Lain dont visit this forum long time, and people lost their entusiasm?

Boddrick

• View Profile
    • Boddrick's Tunes
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
You are correct, sir.

Bit wish

• I had to long text here.
    • View Profile
    • Bit mafia
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »
Lets have a BLAST and do XTREAM things!

I still have mine.